Wellington Art Club's Rules and Guidelines for Members
1. Three sessions free then $60 annual membership fee. $70 overdue fee after 31 March.
Reminders will be sent.
2. All workshops and tutorials must be authorised by the Art Club Committee.
3. Any oversize commissions done in the Clubrooms, over 2 metres, must be agreed to by the Committee.
4. Key holders must be registered on the key holders list for insurance cover of the Clubrooms.
There is a list of key numbers kept by Sue Johnstone and keys should be handed back to Sue when no longer required. Lost key replacements $20.
5. All working groups are expected to check that lights, heaters, hair dryers are turned off before leaving. Check all windows are closed and doors are locked.
6. Report any problems to committee and remove hazardous waste like oily rags.
Turpentine is dangerous and toxic. Use safe alternatives.
7. Use sink in hallway to clean brushes and keep drains clear of paint.
Wipe off excess paint and put in bin.
8. There is no insurance cover on paintings hanging in the Clubrooms so any damage is at artists own risk.
9. Life model classes to be held in the evening only due to children's play area outside. Approved life drawing tutors in charge of classes.
10. New health and safety standards apply and the committee is making enquiries to ensure we are all safe.
11. Put any complaints or concerns in writing to the committee and these will be discussed at meetings. Do not contact the president of the club.
General guidelines regarding Club's Exhibitions
- Please write clearly on entry forms and swing tabs so spelling is correct as well as price for catalogue.Entry forms are required at least a week earlier to enable to write labels.
Ensure a CV is available plus two copies (check out folder).
should not show below painting when hung but long enough to swing to front when hanging. Please thread swing tag to hanging string so it won’t fall off.
Please ensure that paintings are ready for hanging
with D-rings and cord and labelled
on back with artist's name.
Please be aware that we cannot display everyone’s paintings in the ‘perfect place’
, so we need to use both sides of a screen. Lighting is natural and moves around over the day. Where it seems a dark corner in the morning suddenly becomes sunny later in the day. Sometimes moving a piece a viewer admires could enhance it and may help a buyer to picture it on their own wall.
are very welcome to give their time, to get involved, sell raffle tickets, man the stalls or for wrapping and handing out brochures. The club appreciates their help and it’s a pleasant way to meet people
who are interested in what we do.
Please note that we are encouraging two members to volunteer to mind each session. It makes for easier sharing of responsibilities, especially if there are SALES!
We need help with transporting
, loading and unloading screens to and from the clubrooms.
Please do not dismantle
exhibition until last of viewers leave.